Our Newest Pet!!

Meet Ike, as I call him. In a bucket of old gross rainwater in the back side yard, I found a pretty nice size lizard. Can't tell by the pics, but he is about 18" long from head to tip of his tail. Don't know what kind of lizard...perhaps a type of monitor? Don't know how he got in the bucket (it is almost 3 ft. tall), and don't think he can get out. Decided we shall keep him, just for a short while. Possibly some neighbor's pet? Or just yet another creature that got into our yard? (The list is long...raccoons, skunks, possums, rabbits, rats, mice, saw a squirrel or chipmunk or something of the like in the front yard this morning.) I am going to get him some crickets or mealworms today @ the Pet Store cuz he looks quite emaciated. Maybe empty some of the water out. Tim's idea to keep him, believe it or not people! He said "let's keep him!".

1 comments:

Rhandi said...

Ummm . . . Cayman will go NUTS over your newest family addition! We are for sure going to have to set up a play date!