Later that night, after the Trunk or Treat for our ward, Tim went diving for lobsters with some buddies. On his way home just after midnight, a drunk driver, going over 70 mph, ran a red light and t-boned his truck, striking exactly where he was sitting. He remained coherent through the entire ordeal and says he remembers feeling a "cushion" all around him. He didn't even bonk his head or get a headache. The truck skidded quite a ways & landed on the passenger side. Completely conscious, Tim unbuckled himself from his seatbelt (good boy to wear it, Timmy!) and lay there, decided to just listen to the radio (it was still on) and wait for help. The fire station was only 1 block away and they heard the collision and were there, along with police, within 2 minutes! They shattered the windshield & pulled him out, completely amazed that he was conscious and coherent. He was taken to hopsital immediately. I received the phonecall in the middle of the night no wife ever wants to get. I learned that Tim was in an accident, was going to be ok, and was taken to hospital. Worst moment of my life. Got to the hospital, and after I saw him, he said "i'm ok" about 100 times to me, & then he said "I got a really nice lobster! But, I lost him!" He was in the hospital less than 2 full days, and has injuuries, but everyone is amazed that he is alive and walking! People just shake their heads, especially after seeing the picture. I wasn't going to blog about all of this...but a big part of why I keep up on this blog is for journaling, and I just had to point out this amazing miracle that our family has been blessed with. Many of you already know about the accident, and I thank you dearly for all of your support-prayers, visits, phonecalls, texts, e-mails, facebook mssgs, food, caring for my boys, etc. etc. etc. I could go on & on. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment