Happy Easter '11...Jeruselem style!

 So for Easter we had a Jeruselem style meal on the floor.  The kids thought it was hilarious.  The week leading up to Easter we studied a subject and scriptures and had an activity that had to do with the Atonement.  It was so fun to learn as we also taught the boys.  I think this will be a new tradition.  It really helped put the meaning back into Easter for us.  Here's the meal!
 Luke chowed on this lentil soup!
 Grapes and different cheeses with crackers...
 Melons (or according to Luke = TAM-O ), dried dates (I think I was the only one that ate those)...
 And after the dinner?  Time to decorate the eggs!  Look at the concentration!!!

 Above: Luke's basket.  Below: Chance's basket.

 The hunt!  Um Lukie, there's one right by your head!!!
 Easter weekend Lukie got a surprise!  He got his 1st real bike!  Yay for Lukie!  It's a Trek bike, and he LOVES it...and get this...he just got on and rode away!  Tim said "I didn't even get to teach my kid how to ride a bike!"  Maybe that was a good thing - remembering Christmas with Chance's 1st bike...not good.
The kid has the best balance.  And he FLIES on that bike.  Unfortunately, living on our hilly little street, we have to take the bikes somewhere they can ride.

1 comments:

cj said...

Am I allowed to say that this post is hilarious? I am cracking up that you had a Jeruselem style dinner! I LOVE IT!! It is so fun and so memerable! I want to come next year!