
Where else for birthday boy but Disneyland??? On Chance's big day he, Lukie and I went up to Disneyland for a few hours. Right now D-Land is offering to get in free on your b-day. Since we have annual passes, they give a merchandise credit instead. So, Chance got a $64 gift card to use inside the park on TOYS! He is such a sweet boy...our passes aren't good on Luke's birthday (week in between Christmas & New Year's and all) so he shared his gift card with the Dukes! They had great fun picking out all their goods....we had a really fun afternoon-of course-we were at Disneyland after all!!!

ARRRRRRRRRR there matey!

On the way out, Chance & I got lucky & ran right into Mickey with no one around! Poor lil' Lukie was already asleep! (nice demon eyes-dumb red eye thing on the camera)

Chance bought this @ Costco with b-day money. He took it up to the register and paid for it himself-he took great pride in it. The boys have since played and played with it for hours...and there were about 2 dozen pics of it on my camera! lol!

Preparing for the party...Chance wanted to have a "football party at the park". So, mommy thought she would try her hand at making a cool football cake. With the help of a dear friend (thanks Duann) this is what came of it...1st I made the cake, a 1/2 sheet-pretty good recipe.
Notice the chunk missing. While on the cooling racks, Chance thought he would take a handful sized chunk out of the corner...nice. So, I cut the pieces in half and put them together this way to try to hide the huge chunk missing...

Then added the football molded cake...

then the crumb coat...yeah...I know it's not that smooth...what do you want w/my 1st try?...

And the end result. I was pretty proud of it and Chance LOVED it!!! Plus, it tasted amazing, I must say so myself (I made it with cocoa & not real chocolate so I could eat it!)

2 of Chance's friends...Max Willardson and Kevin McKenzie...Kevin is just about as crazy about football as Chance is!

Max's mom Kelly, daddy, lil' Van (Kelly's adorable baby), and Andre' Hurst, Chance's friend Christian's dad.

friend from school Nitin and the Dukes climbing a tree...it was a pretty chilly afternoon

According to Chance this is him saying "bring it on"...he had a blast and played and played and played football. He scored on the gifts too! Thanks to everyone who came to his party...he loved having everyone there!
1 comments:
That cake IS AWESOME!!! You should be proud!
Post a Comment