It's Christmas-time, it's Christmas-time!

Merry Christmas 2012!  Our last Christmas in Carlsbad, Ca, Grammy and Papa came over to spend the week before Christmas with us.  We had lots of fun, food and laughs.  Grammy brought this Gingerbread House kit for the boys to decorate.  The frosting sucked so we made our own.  I was quite impressed with how 'into it' Chance became, because he usually doesn't have much interest in these kind of 'creative' things.  He very much enjoyed himself!  Luke, on the other hand, wouldn't leave Grammy & Papa alone about doing the house until they finally gave in!

A week before Christmas our La Costa ward had a very special Christmas party they named "A Night in Bethlehem".  The entire gym in our building was transformed into just that, Bethlehem.  Bro. Mathis is a contractor and did an amazing job (see pics below!) And Sis. Mathis was in charge of the music, which she chose from a program called "A King Is Born"...Tim was asked to be Joseph and had a solo and a duet with Mary (Kristen Record) and our boys were in the small children's choir, and I was asked to be in the triple quartet.  We worked on the music for weeks, and it was extremely touching and Tim did an incredible job - man, when the lights come on and he has an audience, he just turns on those acting charms!  I was so proud of our little family that night - it was very exciting to be a part of such a meaningful night for our ward.
They had little 'booths' set up like a town and Luke and Tim made this little lamb.
My dad had charge of the camera since we were all in the program.  Above is Samuel, AKA Chris Cummings.
Hannah Dustin sang a primary song - she has such a unique and beautiful voice.
This is our triple quartet.  I very much enjoyed being a part of the choir - I have never been asked to participate with my voice - I am usually behind the piano if anything.
Tim's solo...I cannot express how amazing he was.  The program's songs focused on the real-life personal feelings that each character might have felt and how it played into the story of the Nativity.  Like for Joseph, he felt anger, he asked why would He ask this of me, I was afraid, but then I did what I knew to be right.  It was very personal and warm.
Starting his duet with Mary, AKA Kristen Record.  She has a crystal clear voice - I've always thought she sounds like an angel.
The children's choir.  Chance in the back row 2nd from the left and Luke in the front row in the yellow on the right.  They were so excited to participate and worked hard to learn their songs and go to their rehearsals.  Good job boys!
Chance and Santa, AKA Adam Dustin who is always our SANTA.  :)
Our elf Fred was up to much mischief this month!  But, on a Sunday morning, this is how we found him.
Luke being the Dukes that he is.
The Manger that Bro. Mathis built.
Chance and 2 good friends, Evan Record and Cade Hoggan.
Me and my Daddy.  I was SHOCKED that we got him to dress up!  It was awesome!
Stefani and I - she ran a jewelry making booth.
Mark the Lamanite!  
Jared, Zack and Matthias St. Clair.  Shortly after Christmas they moved to Utah - we will miss them very much!
Walking in to the church through the foyer - it was just incredible!
4 families ate at a table, each family had a corner.  The food was a chicken and rice (sorry Dad!) with saffron, tzatziki sauce and flatbread - it was delicious!
This is the temple that signified the start of the program - Luke is in the back in the yellow; I think he was dancing-goofball!  Lahni and Jarod Suzuki are in the front.  It was incredible how EVERYONE there that night dressed up and joined in on the fun!
Joseph's workshop
Chance in front of a couple of the booths.
More of Joseph's workshop.
More booths.  What a beautiful and spiritually uplifting evening.
Tim and I at his work Christmas party.  Very sad; just after the party DB Schenker announced the San Diego office would be closing and all of the people we had just seen at the party were going to lose their jobs.  Very sad.  And we feel very blessed at the same time since Tim can keep his job.
Another Fred the Elf antic - he's eating all the pretzel M&M's!
Chance bought himself a new Dodger hat just before Christmas - not sure what's up with the mean face though...
I took this picture at the Christmas Tree lot in Encinitas where we have bought our tree most years we have lived here.  Go surfin' Lukie!  

0 comments: