1st day of School!! (1st day of Kinder for the Dukes!)

 Momma made a little summer dessert to ring in the new school year!  (of course, Chance had to pick off the strawberries!) 
 Lukie was sooooo excited that he ate breakfast with his backpack on!  He chose an obnoxious green and yellow one (but he loved it!) and that is why he chose this shirt for his 1st day!  So funny...at least one of my kiddos has some fashion sense!  (I won't even talk about Chance!) 




 He was soooo excited to take his lunch to school!  What a big boy he wanted to do it all himself! 

 Yes, I cried.  Yes I wept.  Yes I celebrated.  Weird having my little appendage gone all day.....
 Remember Mrs. Hockert?  Chance had her (she was Ms. Eick then) in Kinder, then again in 1st grade (she got married over that summer and became Mrs. Hockert)...well, Lukie got her for Kinder this year!  He was ecstatic, as was I, since we know her so well and she is so great with the boys!  I don't know what we're gonna do next year when she is not one of the boys' teachers!  (Like when we had to say good-bye to Miss Connie...sad)

 Chance was thrilled he got Mrs. Andrew for 2nd grade!  When he was in 1st grade, he used to go to her 2nd grade class for math, so he hoped he would get her for his 2nd grade teacher!  Lucky!  She is such a sweetheart, and she pushes Chance to his full capability...we are so lucky to have both boys have awesome teachers!  We love La Costa Heights! 



0 comments: