Happy Turkey Day '08!!

Thanksgiving weekend we went to 'HARIZONA" to visit family & I did some major shoppin'! (Thanks mum!) First, we went to Flagstaff to see my sister's fam & then we spent Thanksgiving day with the Hortons & on Black Friday I went shopping with the Horton Girls & Saturday I ran around the mall AGAIN to get shoes for the boys & then that evening we drove out to BFE (not even exaggerating) to go to San Tan Flat, an outdoor steak house for my cousin Kristy's Surprise 40th Birthday
Party!
And Sunday we made the trek home in tons of traffic! whew! But it was a blast to see everyone! We love to see our families!
At Krit's B-Day Party...wow...never thought I would see the 4 of us altogether smiling again! lol! Ok...for those of you that don't know...these are my beautiful siblings. My sister, Dee Dee is oldest, then Trevor, and Devin is my "little" brother, though he is less than 3 years younger than me. I love my brothers & sister to pieces...I hope they know just how much they mean to me.
My Granny Linda...man I love this woman! She is amazing!

The Birthday Girl, Kristy is in the center. My Auntie Sherri and I hug her for a pic...Kristy does not like pictures taken of her much......too bad!! It's your special day!! We were able to genuinely surprise her and it was awesome!

L to R, my dad James, Dee Dee's hubby & my bro-in-law Troy, me, my sis Dee Dee and Trevbun my bro
My mum (mother-in-law) made these adorable hats for us girls. They are so cute! Thanks mum! We Horton Girls had a blast spending the day together, beginning with yummy breakfast then a FULL (and I mean FULLLLLLL) day of shopping! We definately 'shopped til we dropped'!!! It is a fine Horton Girl Tradition...spending tons of $$ on only ourselves all day!
Our adorable nieces...Tim's brother Ried's little girls...Sophie & Izzy. Could they be any cuter?

On Thanksgiving morning, Courtney, Jared, Nic & Ried all ran a 10 miler in the Turkey Trot. Courtney made this shirt and wore it in honor of Tim's injuries from the accident. It says "BROKEBACK TIM"!! Nice shot Tim...you were just supposed to smile & look at the camera!!
Chance & Izzy chow on a turkey leg...wow...these kids can EAT!!!
My SISTER, My FRIEND

4 comments:

hortongirls said...

cute, ape! I love the turkey leg pic, that is so funny! and tim checkin' out court's chest is pretty hilarious! shopping WAS fun this year, wasn't it?

Nebraska Reed Family said...

Oh my gosh Apryl, I am so glad to see the pic of you, DEEDEE, Trevor and Devin. I almost did not recognize Trevor. He does not have to drink those protein shakes anymore like he used to when he was a lot younger. HaHa!!! You look so good and very happy at this time. Love ya much...

Jaime and Brent said...

Hi Apryl!

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you are a blogger. I have found it a really good source of finding and keeping up with old friends. I didn't know you were in Cali, last I saw you was in Cabelas a while back. I have tried to call Devin here and there. I sometimes even leave messages, which I hate, but still don't hear back. You'll have to give him my blog info. Wow your kids are huge. I can't believe it's been so long. It's good to see things have been going well for you, other than the car accident (glad he's OK). I've lost 2 family members from the same type of accident. You've definitely been blessed. I'll have to add you to my blog list, if you don't mind. It will probably be the only way I ever hear anything about Devin.:)

Take care,
Brent

Kathy said...

Love it! I'm not a shopper but if all the money was being spent on myself, I could become one. Super Fun!!