
Tim has been wanting to go to the San Diego Zoo since we moved here. We finally went on 12/23 and had so much fun! Monday it rained all day, but Tuesday was perfect-a little chilly-but great!
Lots of pics ahead!!!

I loved this bench...the boys HAD to be silly!

On the bus tour we got to see so many animals. Luke liked the elephants-they are building a huge new habitat for the elephants.
Goregous Hyacinth Macaw. I love the big birds~Macaws are my
fav!

And the Rhinos were clearly Luke's
fav
On the bus. One of the few pics that Chance actually wanted to have taken....

Again on the bus...the kids were a bit bummed
cuz they couldn't feed the giraffes...at our zoo in
Litchfield Park,
Az that we used to frequent, they could feed the giraffes and it was quite cool...their tongues would wrap around your hand.

nice

2 hump camels

Spectacle Bear...I think they're cute-like a big raccoon

great hair day Chance. Chance
definately has Harry Potter hair. He said he didn't want to comb it since he was wearing his beanie most of the day. Isn't it
sooo handsome?

Scarlet Macaw. The Scarlet and Green-Winged are quite similar except that the Green-Winged is much larger, just smaller than the Hyacinth which is the largest. The other difference is that those few green feathers on the Scarlet Macaw's wings-the Green-Winged (hence the name) is mainly green. The head of the Green-Winged is red, but more of a crimson, not scarlet, as is the Scarlet Macaw. Sorry...I just love 'em.

Up in the air! This is on the sky car ride-the boys loved it!

Up by the Polar Bears. Didn't get any good shots of the polar bears (Tim)...I did on my phone but oh well. They were quite active and playing in the water with their toys.

Had to take this pic through the glass but this tiger was about 5 feet from us. Pretty cool. he was
sooooo beautiful!

Um...is this a reflection??
The Orangutans were sitting right at the glass and they were interacting with us. VERY cool.


The gorrillas were a favorite-Tim's. I think the boys had more fun climbing on the bronze statues.

This little guy was soo beautiful...a Golden-Bellied something or other. He won't be as pretty when he grows up, like the rest of us, I suppose.

This was such a cute shot of the Dukes

They loved the stinky flamingoes.

That IS a little monkey!!!

Classic Horton Boys---right??
What a great day. We love animals so much! And with our passes we can come back as much as we like! I think we may go to the Wild Animal Park next.....
1 comments:
Looks like you guys had a ball! We will have to do the zoo sometime together!? Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas! XO
Post a Comment